The Prepare Recipe
Handling Decimal Notations
Enriching Web Logs
Applying Prepare Steps to Multiple Columns
Performing Joins in the Prepare Recipe
Become a Master of Dataiku DSS Formulas
Custom Python functions in the Prepare Recipe
Advanced Prepare Recipe Usage
Learn how to use some of the advanced features of the Prepare recipe
Although it is easy to use, the Prepare recipe is also packed with powerful functionality that may not be immediately obvious. The lessons in this course build on the material already introduced in the Basics Courses.
The Prepare recipe is the focus of this section, but most of these materials also apply to the visual analysis of the Lab, which can be deployed to the Flow as a Prepare recipe.
- How Dataiku DSS handles conversion of decimal notations into a universally-understood raw format.
- How to use visual processors, such as Resolve GeoIP, Classify User-Agent, and Split URL, to quickly parse and enrich web log data.
- How to apply the same operation to multiple columns, with the columns view, the step editor, or a Python function.
- How to perform fuzzy joins and geo-joins in the Prepare recipe.
- How to master the Dataiku formula language.
- How to write Python functions within the Prepare recipe to perform complex row-wise operations on your dataset. The output of the function depends on which of the three modes is used:
Mode Returns Cell A new cell for each row Row A row for each row Rows A list of rows for each row