Prepare recipe - general tips for using processors¶
The Script in a Prepare recipe has many useful features for organizing the processors you apply to a dataset.
- Click +Add a new step, or use the
ashortcut, to add a new processor to the Script.
- The Preview shows how a processor step will affect the dataset. You can enable or disable the Preview. Disabling the preview is useful when the number of steps becomes large.
- You can use the Search capability within the Script to find all the steps that operate on a particular column, and drag and drop steps within the script to organize them,
- You can select multiple steps and then Group them, add a color to help those steps stand out, and add comments to steps or groups that need a longer description.
- When testing out various ways of processing the data, you can also disable, rather than delete, a step or group in the Script.